Re: 2NN Contents Of Related (303 Shortcut)

From: Yves Lafon <ylafon@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 05:53:49 -0400 (EDT)
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Fri, 5 Sep 2014, Julian Reschke wrote:

>>     Prefer: contents-of-related
>>     Prefer: return=representation; max-triple-count="100"
>>
>> and now the server can directly provide the first hundred triples, via a
>> representation of B, which is that the first "page" of A.
>
> I'll mention again that it continues to confuse me that you're trying to
> address paging and "see other" with the same mechanism.
>
> WRT paging: why don't you use a custom range
> (<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc7233.html#range.units.other>) such as
> in:
>
>  Range: triples=100

If it is triggered by the client, then yes, it might be possible to use a
custom range. However if the server decides to do paging for whatever
reason, then it can't be used, and another mechanism is needed.

         ~~Yves