Re: h2 padding

On 5 September 2014 11:36, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4 September 2014 17:22, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:
> > Are there any examples of security padding that can be applied by the
> > framing layer?
>
> Oh, that, and the word "automatic" suggest that you are asking for
> something that is simply not possible.  You need information to pass
> from the application to the framing layer in order to enact any
> sensible changes.

So the supplementary question is, what applications care enough about
security
padding but cannot pad by any other means than tunnelling that care down to
the
framing layer of a specific protocol?

Do we have any security use-cases that are enabled by the availability of
padding
in the framing layer?   Automatic padding had been suggested by others, but
I agree
with you: that is an impossible use-case?

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>