Re: 2NN Contents Of Related (303 Shortcut)

On 09/04/2014 07:46 AM, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> On 2 Sep 2014, at 6:00 pm, Eric Prud'hommeaux <eric@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> Sorry for the delayed response; moving house. Will try to be more
>> attentive now.
>>
>> * Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> [2014-08-26 12:20+1000]
>>> Eric,
>>>
>>> We’re happy to discuss it here, but can’t commit to a schedule before that discussion has begun.
>>>
>>> For my part, I’m still not sure what the difference between the proposed status code is from 200 + Content-Location.
>> I think there are two ways this discussion could go:
>>
>> We could ask questions like "Is /Index?page=1 a representation of
>> /Index ?" and "What is the subject of the metadata in a 200+CL, the
>> effective request URI or the CL?" The end result of these is that we
>> evaluate the use cases for 303.
>>
>> Another is that we say 303's exist and people use them and want to
>> streamline their use. I believe that any approach to do so will find
>> some way to say that the metadata in the response is about the target
>> of the redirect. Is there a more graceful way to do that than 2NN?
> Eric,
>
> You haven’t answered the question; you’ve speculated on two different ways that the question might be answered.
>
> Choose.

Eric just meant there are multiple reasons for doing this, that is,
multiple correct answers.  I think his phrasing was intended to let you
pick which one you wanted to dig into (and perhaps try to refute) first.

Personally, I think the first argument is stronger, so it would save
time to consider it first.

      -- Sandro