Re: h2 requirements on authoritative responses

On Sep 3, 2014, at 1:49 PM, Martin Thomson wrote:
>>> ADD:
>>> +            A client that is configured to use a proxy directs
>>> requests to that proxy through a
>>> +            single connection.  That is, all requests sent via a
>>> proxy reuse the connection to the
>>> +            proxy.
>>
>> In general, I don't think the protocol should specify such things.
>> A proxy might not even be using HTTP to its clients, for example.
>
> Would limiting the scope to a proxy *using HTTP/2* suffice?  I think
> that this is still of some use.

I don't think it will be true of HTTP/2 either, at least not uniformly.
The nature of proxies is such that they usually optimize for local network
constraints rather than what would be "normal" for the global Internet.
We usually don't care because most proxies are inside corporate intranets.

The public Internet proxies tend to be privacy proxies, which might
do very strange things with their connections just to provide
sufficient incoming traffic to mask where the outgoing traffic came from.

....Roy