Re: h2 padding

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2014 11:38:04 +0000
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
--------
In message <5406FB19.2020800@treenet.co.nz>, Amos Jeffries writes:

>>> Consider an implementation that sends every frame in its own TCP
>>> packet, perhaps with a 1 minute delay between frames. [...]
>
>HTTP/2 over DTLS.

Yes ?

Last I looked DTLS didnt use TCP but UDP ?

Disregarding that:  How does the HTTP/2 layer know that the TLS
layer will in fact put everything in the frame into a single packet ?

The only way you can pad in HTTP/2 in that situation is so that all
frames have the exact same size.

The TLS layer should do that, if that is desired.