Re: h2 padding

From: Patrick McManus <pmcmanus@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:45:31 -0400
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On Sat, Aug 30, 2014 at 3:14 PM, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:

> here is no
> need for padding within a frame.  The security need is for padding to be
> allowed after a frame when both are enveloped within an opaque stream.

Hi Roy -

Nobody has mentioned this yet in this thread so I will. The existing
design, which I think is universally regarded as awkward, meets the
requirement for 1 byte minimum pads which is rooted in Thai Duong's comment
here: https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/344  .. a new frame would
either need a non standard frame header as Greg mentions (also awkward in a
different way!) or be too big.

-Patrick