Re: h2 frame layout

On 29 August 2014 15:49, Roy T. Fielding <fielding@gbiv.com> wrote:
> I should be shocked that folks are "not concerned" about the use
> of a 9-octet header and the resulting effect on data alignment

We're not doing anything to pad frames and maintain alignment, so any
attempt to align would require that you pad very carefully.  I don't
see this as a valid argument.

>   2) The length is the most random of these fields and used last.

That depends on the structure of your software.  In one world view,
the delineation of frames comes before determining their type.

The other arguments (efficiency, etc...) are valid.  I'll let others
speak to those.