Re: h2 frame layout

I don't see any point in engaging in a self-defeatist argument over what can be changed. There are no implementations of the final protocol because the spec has an interop break built into the versioning.

A WG last call is based on what the group has produced so far, which means the suggestion should be evaluated on its relative merit when compared to the current spec and the willingness of implementors to implement. Of course, if most of the people here just want to be done and don't care about the quality of the protocol, then it will be a very interesting trip through the IESG last call process.

BTW, none of those suggestions change semantics. They might enable additional semantics later on, but it should be trivial to change an implementation right now. All I change is where to write or read the same data. Also, I only care about 64bit alignment within the messaging buffers.

....Roy