Re: Push and Caching

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 09:20:33 +1000
To: William Chow <wchow@mobolize.com>
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 27 August 2014 09:07, William Chow <wchow@mobolize.com> wrote:

> Specifically, it seems that a pushed no-cache response should only be
> valid when *used* in combination with the response it was pushed with.

I think there is merit in language that associates the validity with the
response on which it was pushed.

This is a bit tangled.... but best I can do:

A recipient cache handling of a pushed response SHOULD be indistinguishable
from the
handling of a response received to a referred request made why processing
the original
response on which the pushed promise was received.

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>