RE: Push and Caching

From: William Chow <wchow@mobolize.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 05:04:25 +0000
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
CC: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, "HTTP Working Group" <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Is “validated” the right term? It seems this could be confused with cache validation, which is only applicable to a cached response and is generally/intuitively viewed as a client-initiated action.

Also, which response is the point of reference for validity/freshness? The proposed sentence seems to refer to a pushed response being “validated” at the time that the pushed response itself was generated. I assume we’d actually want to treat the pushed responses to be fresh at the time the response for the associated/original request was generated.

--Will