Re: Alt-Svc alternative cache invalidation (ext#16)

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 16:50:29 -0700
To: Erik Nygren <erik@nygren.org>
Cc: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 22 August 2014 14:53, Erik Nygren <erik@nygren.org> wrote:
> but does not define anything similar for the ALTSVC frame.  Aligning the
> frame and the
> header would allow this to apply to both.

I think that we would want to move the Origin field up to the header
with Max-Age.  Logically, you store alternatives for different origins
separately, so requiring different frames makes sense there.  It also
removes any potential for duplication.

Also 8 bits of length is not sufficient for an HTTP origin if the name
is maximum size.  I'd assume that the same applies to authority.