RE: Push and Caching

From: Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:30:05 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, William Chow <wchow@mobolize.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
"While the stream identified by the promised stream ID is still open" - meaning that as long as the client has asked for it before the server has finished sending it?  That's a fairly small amount of time, particularly if the resource is very small, but sounds like a good starting point.

If nothing else, that's a clearer standard that a proxy can use in the absence of knowledge of the client's request groupings.