Re: h2 proxy and connection flow control

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 11:18:01 -0700
To: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
Cc: Patrick McManus <mcmanus@ducksong.com>, HTTP <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 21 August 2014 07:56, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com> wrote:
> So if there is no ram to spend for that connection, is stalling entire
> connection inevitable consequence (and we should not care about it)?
> Connection flow control is limit the memory commitment for proxy then why do
> we need to extend it in the response to a client behavior?

If the proxy wants to enable a measure of concurrency, setting a
stream flow control window that is lower than the session flow control
window makes sense.  A value that is lower by some multiple will
enable concurrency of ceil(multiple).  Obviously, low values are going
to produce suboptimal performance, so there is a trade-off.