Re: Static Table Entries

On 8 August 2014 16:11, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> So if you have time Greg, I would appreciate numbers for two tests:
>
> A) fold all A-E's containing both "gzip" and "deflate" to the same
>    static entry, leave the rest alone.
>
> B) fold all A-E's containing "gzip" to the same static entry, leave
>    the rest alone.

I can do experiments, but the data set I have only has "gzip, deflate" and
no other variations, so the results will be pretty meaningless.
So I really need a better data set.

Note that if we end up doing this, I'm not opposed to picking something
that is not the most frequent in order to encourage convergence and less
stylistic variations.  ie if we don't want deflate anymore, let's pick
"gzip" even if "gzip, deflate" is more frequent.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>