Re: HPACK opcode bit patterns

Greg,

On Aug 6, 2014, at 6:22 PM, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:
> Jetty pretty much has the same.   However I'm thinking that we will index Date as we often see batches of messages sent within the same second.

I thought the same, but when I index Date the header table gradually fills with Date headers and you eventually see (well, sort of) all of the headers "marching out" as new Date headers are added. That leads to re-indexing of the lost non-Date headers, etc.

> We are also currently never indexing set-cookie, but I admit to be confused about the need to do this or if it can just be without index?

You could decide based upon the use/requirement of https for the cookie - at least then you are protecting (never index) data that is normally encrypted vs. allowing indexing for cleartext...