Re: legality of Transfer-Encoding: chunked bodies in HTTP/2

On 5 August 2014 11:39, Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org> wrote:
> Section 8.1.3 "Examples" provides guidance on how an intermediary should do
> so, however section 8.1.2.2 "Hop-by-Hop Header Fields" says that stripping
> Transfer-Encoding is a SHOULD, not a MUST.

Yeah, so the only reason that it's not a MUST is that some
intermediaries don't look and we don't want to force them to look.
That's all.  Transfer-Encoding has no meaning in HTTP/2 (unless an
extension restores that meaning).

Seeing the chunked framing in DATA frames would be wrong.