Re: Header Table and Static Table Indicies Switched

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 19:40:48 -0700
To: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Cc: Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Jeff Pinner <jpinner@twitter.com>, Jason Greene <jason.greene@redhat.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 1 August 2014 19:22, Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com> wrote:
>> I'll revert it as soon as possible.
>
> ummmm  do you have the authority to do that?

Let's not get into recriminations.

How about we open a WGLC issue... (which Jeff already did for us:
https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/578) and place the onus on
those who want the outcome to go a particular direction to produce
data to support their position.

Maybe folks who have public endpoints can run both alternatives
through some real data and report aggregate numbers.  There might be
enough time to collect some real data (maybe I can convince Nick to
setup a test in Firefox).