Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, 8.1.2.1 Request Header Fields | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, 8.1.2.1 Request Header Fields | Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-http2-latest, 5.5 Extending HTTP/2

On 24 July 2014 06:52, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:
> The recipient of that 1.1 request is supposed to assume path value of
> "/" in these cases not "*".

The link Kari provided shows that there is an exception for OPTIONS
requests in the absolute form that address an HTTP URI with path-empty
form.

https://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/specs/rfc7230.html#rfc.section.5.3.4

That seems pretty explicit to me.  Maybe you can look at the editor's
draft and see if my latest tweaks have corrected this.