Re: New Version Notification for draft-kerwin-http2-encoded-data-01.txt

Matthew,

why are the compression contexts frame only?    Doesn't that make this
extension very vulnerable to fragmentation, specially if we drop
END_SEGMENT as we have done.

Surely there is no harm in having a compression context that is per stream?

If there is a desire to have per frame contexts, can't that be done with
different types rather than saying that no type can have a stream context?

Note that I would like to see transport layer compression because it is
currently a nightmare to implement application layer compression - getting
all the etag, vary headers right is more complex than you'd think,
specially when mixed in with some silly aspects of the servlet API (write
this.... no opps don't)  plus most containers struggle with
applications/content-types that set content-encoding themselves.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>