Re: #539: Priority from server to client

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 11:06:03 -0400
Cc: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: RUELLAN Herve <Herve.Ruellan@crf.canon.fr>
Herve,

I think it might be helpful to have an explicit semantic split in the spec — right now we say “priority” when we really mean *requested* priority.

Talking to Martin about this offline, i think it makes sense to specify our current uses as “requested priority” and add a new field to PUSH_PROMISE as “applied priority”.

Does that make sense?

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/