Re: consensus on :query ?

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:28:22 +0200
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
CC: Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu>, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, Phil Hunt <phil.hunt@oracle.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 2014-07-21 15:37, Martin Thomson wrote:
> On 21 July 2014 06:29, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> ...again, if we do things like that please do not couple it with "?". Just
>> have two parts that get concatenated verbatim to reconstruct the full
>> path+query.
>
> I don't know how to act on that.  Are you suggesting that a 1.1 to 2
> gateway would be unable to perform any separation?

No. It's about the fact that making a privacy-related decision based on
what's in the path and what's in the query is misguided. Everything that
could be a in a query can be in the path as well, and it would be bad if
something we do here affects the way how people design their URIs.

Best regards, Julian