Re: Getting to Consensus on 1xx Status Codes (#535)

Roy’s point below hasn’t been discussed in the context of HTTP/2 before IIRC; he’s right in that the nature of expect/continue in HTTP/1 is not just hop-by-hop.

Given that, it sounds like we need to address this issue (e.g., using Julian’s patch), and also adjust our existing text about 100-continue (and perhaps even about 101).

That’s not to say that the WG can’t decide to deprecate further 1xx status codes in a separate document; just that HTTP/2 needs to carry this HTTP semantic (as per our charter).

I’m going to mark this as editor-ready soon. Any further comments?

Thanks,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/