Re: Cost analysis: (was: Getting to Consensus: CONTINUATION-related issues)

All,

It looks like there are many use-cases and examples that illustrate how
difficult it can be to apply a limit expressed in compressed bytes.   So
this just further convinces me that the only workable limit is one
expressed in uncompressed bytes and applied by the sender.

I also conclude that not having a limit is not really an option, because
limits do exist even if they are not declared.

So regardless of how large headers are transported, does anybody dispute
these two points?

On 20 July 2014 06:38, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com> wrote:

> For reverse proxies in particular, the receipt of a set of headers on a
> particular IP, or with a particular host indication via SNI, the
> intermediary can know to whom the connection should be created without
> having received *any* of the headers.

Note also that h2->h2 load balancers will have less need to inspect headers
as they don't need to stick requests from the same client to the same app
server.  A clients requests will come nicely bundled in a connection

regards

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>