Re: Getting to Consensus: CONTINUATION-related issues

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 11:28:50 -0700
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>, Nicholas Hurley <hurley@todesschaf.org>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 18 July 2014 11:20, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> I don't think it says anywhere that you cant *send* the block, but if
> you do, you should expect it to get rejected.

I hadn't considered that interpretation at all.

I can't see that working out well.  I'd have thought that if you set a
limit of 10k, then treating anything that exceeds that as a connection
error is the logical conclusion.  Otherwise, you have to process more
than you said you wanted to receive, just to maintain a consistent
compression state.