Re: #537: Remove segments (consensus call)

We've talked about WS many, many times, both in the interims and on the list. Most recently, this was in June; see the issue for the history <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/386>.

> We have never had WebSockets support in HTTP/2.  We have promised to
> develop something, but have expressly deferred work on that until this
> is done.

Er, when did we make such a promise?

Our charter only requires us to "[coordinate with] The HYBI Working Group, regarding the possible future extension of HTTP/2.0 to carry WebSockets semantics." The HYBI WG chairs are fully aware of our actions here (since they were both in the room when these conversations took place).

We might decide to do something in the future, but we're not committed to any particular action.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/