Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

In message <CABkgnnXAjoj70HSpbqXHz7cskTc9YBCob9WPkSD9-nyVtFYg=g@mail.gmail.com>, Martin Thomson w
rites:
>On 16 July 2014 08:02, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

>> Notice that I'm proposing a unsigned 32 bit, to be Y2038
>> compliant.
>
>I realize that it's going to be less efficient, but the regular HPACK
>numeric encoding with a 0-bit prefix will be more regular (and not
>need the string exception).

The major exception is negative numbers, it's not uncommon to see
dates being 1969-12-31 23:59:59Z and I don't belive the HPACK numeric
encoding handles that ?

Also, the string exception will still be needed for the case where
the date is misformatted on arrival at h1->h2 proxies.