Re: #551: Limiting header sizes

On 15 July 2014 23:35, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:
> Once the receiver has received the frame, it's trivial to do a
> non-producing pass over it to calculate the uncompressed size, if
> this is relevant to know before memory allocation happens.

Worst case, that requires a temporary allocation equal to the header
table size to do correctly, but I think that's perfectly feasible.
That is, if you really, really care about that.  You probably don't
need to do that in most cases; you can simply perform the accounting
as you decompress and detect when you run out of space.