Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

From: Cory Benfield <cory@lukasa.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 07:54:23 +0100
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 16 July 2014 03:31, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> What do people think of this proposal?
>
> So far, my reading of the WG is that we want to get rid of the reference set, and are just talking about the details of how to do so.

Myself and a few others are hesitating here. Roberto and Johnny have
both suggested that they believe the reference set _is_ helpful, and I
believe Johnny is collecting data to prove the point. I'd like to be
forward-looking where we can, so I'm inclined to want to wait a week
or so to see what data Johnny can collect.

Is that problematic from the perspective of our timetable?