Re: #537: Remove segments (consensus call)

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 14 July 2014 22:30, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> > It sounds like we've converged on getting rid of END_SEGMENT. I've
> marked it as editor-ready.
>
> Since we're removing affordances for websockets, can I handle #557 at
> the same time.  Not by adding METADATA, but by removing random,
> semantic-free HEADERS frames.

I'd be OK with this. No websocket affordances, no non-semantic HEADERS, no
problem!

Seriously, though, there's no particular need now to send HEADERS frames at
random points during a stream's lifecycle (after the initial
HEADER/CONTINUATION block, of course). Why allow it at all? Make it a
GOAWAY-able (or at least RST_STREAM-able) offense.