Re: New Version Notification for draft-nottingham-http-proxy-problem-01.txt

From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 17:44:32 +1000
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
To: "Richard Wheeldon (rwheeldo)" <rwheeldo@cisco.com>
Hi Richard,

You mean "Living with Interception"?

I removed it because it's a two-front war; not only would we need to fight the "layer violation" issue, but also convince privacy, security and civil society stakeholders that it's legitimate to have an active protocol component between a HTTP UA and origin without the consent or knowledge of either party.

Not to say that we can't talk about it; just that it didn't seem like something useful to include at this point.

Regards,

Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/