Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 13:59:05 +1000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Cc: Kazu Yamamoto <kazu@iij.ad.jp>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
On 15 July 2014 13:43, Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com> wrote:

> The testing done thus far suggests two things: that the static table is
> rarely used after an initial phase;

I assume that is with the current design of copying static index's fields
to the header table. With that design, it is natural for the static
reference to be used less over time.   But as I have argued, that is an
unnecessary copy if there is no longer a reference table.

I will do some experiments with the limited header data that I have.

regards

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>