Re: PRIORITY extension

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 3:11 PM, <K.Morgan@iaea.org> wrote:

> I keep hearing this argument over and over. Is the goal just to finish, no
> matter what?

Of course not. But finishing is critically important.

An open standard is the output the process is judged by - and if it can't
produce that in a timely fashion then this forum has failed. If we don't
have the expectation that putting time and energy and implementations into
the process will yield a standard at least roughly according to a schedule
then there is no point in making that investment in the IETF.

We have spent almost 2 1/2 years vetting and tweaking a pre-existing
technology in an open forum. There aren't a lot of new angles to be looked
at anymore.

-P