Re: Call for Consensus: Remove "reference set" from HPACK (to address #552)

On 14 July 2014 17:02, Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org> wrote:
> Chromium has offered to do a study on this. That offer received no response
> or endorsements.
>
> It would still be interesting to do, but only if there's honest engagement
> and buy-in from the list. Setting up something like this takes time, and is
> not compatible with the rate-of-change in arguments we're seeing on the list
> lately.

I've expressed interest in this data at least twice: once directly
from you, and once in a more coded form when I suggested that it would
be nice to have even more test data to test HPACK interop on. If you
can get this data I'll happily evaluate it. I'd also love it if we
could broaden our corpus of sample headers (as used by the HTTP2JP
group's HPACK test cases) to reflect what you believe to be a more
reasonable sample of web traffic. Having that large corpus of data
will be useful for evaluating future compression proposals (assuming
there will be some).