Re: PRIORITY extension

On 2014–07–13, at 4:46 AM, K.Morgan@iaea.org wrote:

> As far as I can tell, everything in h2-13 related to PRIORITY is completely optional (please correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> I've repeatedly seen arguments against adding anything optional to the spec. So why does PRIORITY get a pass? If it's truly optional, it could easily be moved to a separate RFC as an extension.

I’m in favor.

Clients wishing to send PRIORITY should know whether the server is just going to ignore it. It’s a good signal to use another prioritization strategy, for example by reducing concurrency (start streams later).

Also, it’s had the most churn of any part of the spec and practical experience will take more time. Extension status will enable faster evolution.