Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC7230 (4050)

> Basically HTTP RFCs seem to prefer "status code" over "response code".
> RFC 7231 Section 6 uses status code or "Response Status Code", but
> rarely uses the term "response code" (though it uses it, once). Some
> technical books actually refer those codes as "response codes". I tend
> to be confused with the mixture of those two terms.

Miyakawa-san, thank you for the report.  You are right: In fact, we
have one instance of "response code" in each of 7230, 7231, and 7232,
and otherwise consistently use "status code" throughout the
six-document set.  These three instances are valid errata.  I will
mark this report "Verified", and I ask you to please also submit
errata reports for RFCs 7231 and 7232 about the use of "response code"
in those documents.

We all understand that it is important to use terminology
consistently, and I think the editors of this complex set of documents
have done a marvelous job of ensuring that we do.  It is a testament
to their good work that we have only a few small errors there.

Barry, Applications AD