Re: Call for Consensus: Frame size (to address #553)

On 12 Jul 2014, at 08:49, "mnot@mnot.net" <mnot@mnot.net> wrote:
> So: it appears that we have consensus to address issue #553 by:
>
> * Expanding the frame size field to 24 bits
> * Reserving additional bits to align
> * Adding a setting advertising the maximum frame size allowed by the recipient, with a default of 16K octets and a minimum of 256 octets
>
> This would address (only) <https://github.com/http2/http2-spec/issues/553>.
>
> Does anyone have a problem with that, or further comments?

Yes. I believe Patrick, Roberto, etc and the SPDY experience showed that 16K is a good default for multiplexing.

Just as a point of exactness, for the default you mean exactly 2^14, right? (i.e. NOT 2^14-1)

This email message is intended only for the use of the named recipient. Information contained in this email message and its attachments may be privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message and then delete it from your system.