Re: A rough analysis of the impact of headers on DoS

From: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 19:59:43 -0700
To: Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 11 July 2014 19:49, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> HOL blocking a connection while one client incrementally HPACKs streamed
> headers is orthoginal to HOL blocking how?

Don't do that.  I think that's been said plenty of times.  If you
intermediate and multiplex messages from multiple peers onto the same
connection, you can't safely stream headers.  You need to have an
entire block before you commit, otherwise you have this problem.  But
that's *your* fault as the intermediary, not the fault of your clients
or the protocol.