Re: Large Frame Proposal

On 10/07/2014 4:13 p.m., Jeff Pinner wrote:
>>> I'm happy with 64k as a max-representable framesize :)
>>> 128k is almost OK-- I'd just steal a bit from the type field.
>>

>> So max frame size is a little bit of personal preference mixed in with some
>> experience gained from SPDY (on todays networks with todays traffic).
>
> experience from SPDY that 24-bits is too large plus a preference for
> byte boundaries = 64k

SPDY had end-to-end 24-bits by default. As I understand it some bad
actors could and did force their large frames down unwilling
participants connections and got away with it.

The proposal is to have hop-by-hop agreement for anything other than
16KB. With bad actors receiving 431 responses, whether they be
application layer actors or h2 implementations.

Totaly different behaviour incentives, designed explicitly to encourage
a healthy HTTP/2 environment.

Amos