Re: #541: CONTINUATION

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:37:13 +0000
To: Tatsuhiro Tsujikawa <tatsuhiro.t@gmail.com>
cc: Michael Sweet <msweet@apple.com>, Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>, Roberto Peon <grmocg@gmail.com>, Jason Greene <jason.greene@redhat.com>, Johnny Graettinger <jgraettinger@chromium.org>, Mike Bishop <Michael.Bishop@microsoft.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CAPyZ6=KnoDue9de0qg=nqGnsgkJmCYBzu1NMqbxpAN39P7rw=w@mail.gmail.com>, Tatsuhiro Tsujik
awa writes:

>> Designing the protocol for only the lowest bandwidths is not a goal.
>>
>Multiple DATA frames can consume large bandwidth too and thereby deliver
>large data quickly.

And they will have multiple the overhead of a single larger frame.

>So the goal of HTTP/2 is to design it for low power embedded devices?

The goal, as I understood it, is to design a protocol that will be
generally usable.