Re: Large Frame Proposal

So now we're resurrecting jumbo frames. Again. I've already said "no" to
this, and apparently I have to say it again. No jumbo frames, no large
frames. Anyone who cares to see my reasoning against
jumbo/large/huge/whatever frames is welcome to go back and read the
archives.

This is a HUGE change to the spec in order to make people feel better about
cases that make up 0.02% of the streams out there. Why are we continuing to
spend time and energy on this?

One of the problems this tries to address -- END_STREAM on HEADERS vs.
CONTINUATION -- I'd be fine with changing in the existing spec. Put the
flag wherever.

If the WG decides to go this route (which I think would be ill-advised),
there NEEDS to be a minimum on max frame size. We don't need to provide
people two directions (too low and too high) to shoot themselves in the
foot with.

Finally, this doesn't ACTUALLY change much of anything. Some people might
not need to buffer as much data, but otherwise, the end result is the same
- they end up sending a GOAWAY. It's just a question of "go away because I
realized you're sending me more headers than I want to deal with" (maybe we
can add a new error code for this if it makes people feel better), or "go
away because you sent me something I explicitly said I didn't want to
accept" (PROTOCOL_ERROR).

--
Peace,
  -Nick