Size of window variables

From: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 18:17:55 +0000
To: Martin Thomson <martin.thomson@gmail.com>
cc: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
In message <CABkgnnW3neoQdXbtuRgc+eb6afOvRkcDdr9yMnp_mkex+QhmRQ@mail.gmail.com>, Martin Thomson writes:

>You could permit the window to become negative.  Implementations are
>required to track a negative window after settings changes..

One nit related to windows:

Window updates are 31 bits, but we don't put a bound on the actual
window size.

At the very least we should write that there is no guarantee that
a 32bit signed integer will be enough to hold the window value.

But simpler and clearer would be to mandate that "window sizes are
64 signed values" and be done with it.