Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 16:49:44 +1000
To: Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
Cc: Yoav Nir <ynir.ietf@gmail.com>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
On 3 July 2014 16:34, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> If for instance HTTP/SCTP increased sales 10% in your webshop, that
> would surely do it.  Not that I know how that would ever happen.

Have a read of http://www.bookofspeed.com/chapter1.html  which talks about
studies that show that improving the speed of rendering does have a very
measurable effect on the return you can get from a site.

I think  h2's focus on performance is driven primarily by such studies that
show speed==revenue, and rightly so I think.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@intalio.com>