Re: ext#7 / ext#8: multiple alt-svc

From: Kinkie <gkinkie@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 07:10:05 +0200
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Cc: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>, Matthew Kerwin <matthew@kerwin.net.au>
> So far, we see 'q' being paid only scant attention in existing headers;
not sure it'll really be better here. Again, the original scheme did have a
prioritisation mechanism, but the feedback I got was that it's too complex
for no demonstrated gain.

In an enterprise scenario, it could be used to implement reliable and
consistent multi-datacenter HA services: the priority can be used to hint
the client to choose the primary or the closest Datacenter,  and then
balance among a local servers pool.

   Francesco