Re: Reference set in HPACK

Roberto Peon wrote:

> Inlining is the technique most often used to reduce the number of
> request.

I've also always considered it a worthwhile technique for byte-shaving,
as combining lots of small images into one mosaic image eliminates
whatever redundant bytes are inherent to the chosen image format.

> It is a strategy that works well most of the time for cold
> pageloads, but it also harms latency for subsequent navigations
> deeper into the site as those resources cannot be cached.

But you lost me there, as I've never had a problem caching those
resources? Or does "inlining" not mean what I think it means?

-Eric