Re: YAC Proposal

This sounds like a non-starter, to me. As mentioned in the other thread, I
prefer either the status quo, or failing that a stateless CONTINUATION.
This seems worse to me than either of those options. With a stateless
CONTINUATION, in the rare occasions when I'll encounter a compressed header
block > 16k, I can roll back just one step in my HPACK compression, and
then continue on sending an uncompressed form of the headers. With
CONTINUATION as an extension, when the other side doesn't advertise
support, I would either have to either roll back the entire HPACK state
that I changed when trying to compress the headers and generate a
RST_STREAM (likely synthesizing an 413 or some other error in the process
for my own side), or I'd have to send a GOAWAY, and dial back. Neither of
those options is in any way more appealing than stateless CONTINUATION
(which I'm still not entirely sold on to begin with!)

--
Peace,
  -Nick