Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem

In message <CAA4WUYhKLVyzPhOG2oQUiL0gJn0Zzye=H_opBpTEayZN9OdVuQ@mail.gmail.com>, =?UTF-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBDaGF
uICjpmYjmmbrmmIwp?= writes:

>I think this is the critical distinction. You are more concerned about
>extensibility within a protocol that is typically implemented in user space
>(HTTP/2), as opposed to a protocol that is typically implemented in kernel
>space (TCP). Is that it? If so, I think that's a reasonable distinction to
>highlight.

Yes, it is a critical distinction.

The reason IP-over-TCP-OPTIONS still mostly works, is that it is
so hard to deploy and use that it has not become a big enough
problem, just like almost no companies have RFC1194 filters in place.

Being able to download a "unfiltering" version of a browser which
tunnels contraband through port 80 or 443 will be met with an
entirely different kind of resistance.