Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem

On 2 Jul 2014, at 9:24 pm, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk> wrote:

> For instance the $BIGWWW focus on running over TLS means that other
> high-performance applications, such as News, TV and porn gets
> saddled with a small and horribly inefficient (2^n-1, really ?)
> framesize.

Making smaller, more targeted proposals might help; e.g., a well-aligned but still small frame size.

Unfortunately, you’ve left it until very late to get involved in detail, which makes getting such changes in more and more difficult.

> I'm fully behind fighting MITM, but handicapping the protocol to
> do so is like going to battle but refusing to get heathen blood
> on your sword…

You had me until you started talking about blood...

> We should deliver tools, not policies.

Agreed - except so much as the tools encourage or accommodate policies that may not be fully understood (but that’s a different discussion).

Regards,

--
Mark Nottingham   http://www.mnot.net/