Re: Encouraging a healthy HTTP/2 ecosystem

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 3:38 PM, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
wrote:

> In message <
> CAA4WUYgJunXNe4BbZd9ZVJ8QqXZibJ2J9QyCf493ZtU+Ay4hxA@mail.gmail.com>,
> =?UTF-8?B?V2lsbGlhbSBDaGF
> uICjpmYjmmbrmmIwp?= writes:
>
> >> And what if the MITM proxies disagree with you about which parts of
> >> the standard deserve to work and block some of them ?
> >
> >> What will you do ?
> >
> >Hard fail. User visible error. End users blame the last mover,  [...]
>
> This is why I called the proposal "blackmail".

Let's be clear here - you're the one blackmailing. You're threatening to
deliberately violate the spec if you don't like it.  Will is simply making
sure that the (hopefully accidental) violator of the spec is properly
identified so that the bug can be easily fixed.

> I think HTTP/2 should strive to be such a good protocol that people will
> want it, rather than try to intimidate any dissent with thinly veiled
> "Nice website you have here, pity if anything happened to it..." threats.

You mean like get google, facebook, twitter, and thousands of other sites
to implement it before its even accepted as a standard?  Done!  let's move
on.

Mike