Re: #537: Remove segments (consensus call)

You're welcome to ask Twitter about it.

As I recall it, certain client implementations fail when chunks are not
done in a particular way, despite the fact that the spec says otherwise.
In my experience, supporting old hardware-based implementations requires
annoying hacks such as this when one really cares about compatibility.
-=R