Re: #535: No 1xx Status Codes

On 2014-07-02 08:30, Mark Nottingham wrote:
> An alternative resolution would be to mint a new, short consensus document that disallows minting new 1xx status codes -- due to the fact that they're not well-supported in implementations nor APIs, nor intermediaries (IIRC).

Do you have evidence of implementations that break on new 1xx codes?

I agree that APIs are a problem, but we have the same problem for
trailers (which we keep), and anything that's new in the HTTP/2 world
will need new APIs as well, so I'm not sure how that is a compelling
argument.

Best regards, Julian